The Second International Conference of Forthcoming Networks and Sustainability in the IoT Era (FoNeS-IoT 2022) is organized by Artificial Intelligence Engineering Department, Research Center for AI and IoT, Near East University, Northern Cyprus. It aims to bring together researchers and professionals to exchange ideas on the advancements in technology, application areas for advanced communication systems and development of new services, facilitate a tremendous growth of new devices and smart things that need to be connected to the Internet through a variety of wireless technologies. Parallel to this, new capabilities such as pervasive sensing, multimedia sensing, machine learning, deep learning, unmanned aerial vehicles, cloud and edge computing, energy efficiency/harvesting and computing power opens the way to new domains, services and business models beyond the traditional mobile Internet. The new areas in turn come with various requirements in terms of reliability, quality of service, and energy efficiency. These are only some examples of the challenges that are of interest to researchers in Forthcoming Networks and Sustainability in the IoT Era (FoNeS-IoT). It will explore the latest developments, innovations and best practices within the IoT and the impact it has on industries including: manufacturing, transport, supply chain, communication, government, legal sectors, financial services, energy utilities, insurance, healthcare, retail and many others.
We look forward for significant contributions to all major fields of the s5G, IoT, Smart Cities, Big Data and related fields. The aim of the conference is to provide a platform to the researchers and practitioners from both academia as well as industry to meet and share their experience and knowledge. It provides opportunities for academicians and scientists along-with professionals, policymakers and practitioners from various fields in a global realm to present their research, contributions and views, on one forum and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines.
Papers describing applications of IoT in e-Health, Smart Systems & Management, Communication, and Education are also welcome, but the focus should be on how new and novel techniques advance performance in application areas, rather than a presentation of yet another application of conventional tool. Papers on applications should describe a principled solution, emphasize its novelty, and present an indepth evaluation of the techniques being exploited.
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by at least two reviewers and evaluated based on originality, technicality and research content/depth, correctness, relevance to conference, contributions, and readability. The papers will be chosen for final presentation based on technical merit, interest, applicability, and how well they fit a coherent and balanced technical program. Author of each accepted paper must gives an oral presentation of the paper at the conference. The presented papers will be included in the conference proceedings. Conference Proceedings will be published soon after the FoNeS-IoT 2022 conference. All papers must be formatted and at least one author of accepted papers must register to the conference as presenter in order to appear in the proceedings.
The selected papers, which will have been presented at FoNeS-IoT 2022, will be published in Book series "Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies (LNDECT)", publisher "Springer". LNDECT is indexed in Ei Compendex, Scopus, Inspec, Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) which is the part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science.
Topics of interest for FoNeS-IoT 2022 include but are not limited to:
- IoT-oriented medical applications
- IoT paradigms in sustainable education systems
- IoT solutions in sustainable traffic systems
- IoT solutions in sustainable power systems
- Architectures & protocols for wireless sensor networks & wireless multimedia sensor networks
- Internet/Web of Things & Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Performance evaluation methods for QoS
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- IoT & e-health
- Machine Learning (ML) in sustainable systems
- ML approaches for network planning
- ML in e-health & smart systems
- Clouds & edge computing
- Network mobility & handover management
- Network security, trust & privacy in a wired/wireless environment
- Routing in wired/wireless environments
- Drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in IoT
- Public Safety Networks & Disaster recovery using wireless communications
- Software-defined wireless networks
- 5G & beyond 5G networks
- Wearable communications & computing
- Energy harvesting & sustainability in smart cities
- Employment of IoT & mobile network technologies for education